Enjoy Dr. Kaufman’s go-to five minute smoothie bowl with just a few ingredients. Satisfying, nutrient-rich and naturally sweet. A healthy, plant-based breakfast or snack.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: (smoothie bowl)
Course: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan
Freezer Friendly: 1-2 weeks
Does it keep? Best when fresh
Smoothie Bowl Ingredients
- 1 heaping cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 small ripe banana (sliced and frozen)
- 2-3 Tbsp light coconut or almond milk (plus more as needed)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder of choice (Xymogen Vanilla Fit and Lean – pea protein and non-dairy) or Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Vanilla Powder or Thorne Whey Protein Vanilla with dairy)
- 1 Tbsp shredded unsweetened coconut (desiccated)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Raw almonds, pumpkin seeds
- Fresh organic berries
- Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until small bits remain.
- Add a bit of coconut or almond milk and protein powder (optional), and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings (optional). I prefer chic seeds, hemp seeds and coconut, but strawberries, nuts and seeds and a nut butter would be great here too!
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.