October 2022 is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast cancer is the number one cause of death in women age 45-60. There are some strategies that women can do in their daily lives to greatly reduce that risk.
5 healthy habits that greatly REDUCE breast cancer risk:
- Eat 1 cup cruciferous vegetables every day – broccoli, kale, cauliflower, bok-choy, arugula, cabbage
- Increase fiber in your diet by eating 5-6 servings of vegetables all colors of the rainbow (1 cup of raw or ½ cup cooked is one serving) every day to increase fiber to over 30 grams per day
- Get more iodine in your diet. Dried seawood, a few drops of iodine from a supplement like VINCO IODINE DROPS – CARRIED AT OFFICE OR WELLEVATE
- Get your Vitamin D level checked and optimize it to be at a level of 50-80, METAGENICS D 5,000 – CARRIED AT OFFICE OR WELLEVATE
- Add 1 TBS. of organic flax seed to a smoothie, salad, yogurt which help your body to properly metabolize hormones.
5 habits that INCREASE your breast cancer risk:
- Eating non-organic or GMO foods that have pesticides.
- Drinking more than 1 glass (approximately 5-6 ounces) of alcohol per day
- Plastic bottles or storing your food in plastic containers.
- Eating sugar, high glycemic foods, trans fats or deep fried foods.
- Taking birth control pills or progestin drugs (this is not natural, plant based bio-identical progesterone)