What to expect once you have made an appointment:
- Once you have called and scheduled an appointment, you will receive an email to register with the patient portal. It is required prior to your first appointment that you fill out the intake form through the patient portal. This is a very thorough and detailed personal and medical history form so please allow time prior to your appointment to complete.
- The intake information collected on-line through patient portal will take about an hour so please plan to be on-line for the time it takes to complete the forms.
- Once you have made your appointment, it is necessary to obtain a copy of your medical records including any lab tests and doctors visits that have occurred within the past 12 months. You can find a medical records release form on our website.
- You will receive a confirmation email 5 days prior to your appointment as well as a text 2 days prior to your appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please notify the office with at least 24 hours notice to avoid a cancellation fee of $100.
- Please bring all of your current supplements and medication to your first appointment so Dr. Kaufman can review them.
- Our office can be a little hidden so please note that the building itself is set back from South Boulder Road in a small complex of office building. The entrance is on the north side of the street between Via Appia and Garfield.
- Parking is readily available in front of the building
- During your appointment, it is standard for Dr. Kaufman to order specialized testing and all results will be held for review until your follow up appointment.
- You will leave your appointment with a thorough treatment plan. We understand you may have follow up questions you may message with basic questions or clarification. If, however, any correspondence is more complex in between appointments, you may be asked to come in for a brief appointment or schedule a phone consult.
- When you are ready for refills or any other supplements, there is a link on the website to place orders.
If you have questions or need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kaufmann – send us an e-mail.